Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
There is a workaround: you can use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Z and old the feature appears. You can add the shared folder to your Drive (works also in Google Sync).
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
When you open a Google file shared with you and select ‘Add to My Drive’, you are moving that file into your own Google Drive for easier access to the document. If your instructor or someone else owns the file, any changes they make to it will be updated in the file housed in your Google Drive.
How do I add something to my drive?
Upload files & folders
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the top left, click New. File Upload or Folder Upload.
- Choose the file or folder you want to upload.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.