If the mailbox was deleted by deleting the corresponding user account, you can restore the mailbox by restoring the user account in the Microsoft 365 admin center. To restore a user account, see Delete or restore users.
- Open Outlook.
- Go to the shared mailbox account.
- Select the Deleted Items folder.
- Click the Recover items recently removed from this folder link at the top of the Deleted Items list.
- The messages that have been deleted by other people, but exist in their personal Deleted Items folder will be listed here.
By default, who deleted items from a shared mailbox, the items will go into his own deleted items folder. If you want to change the destination of deleted items, First back up your registry, and once problems occur, you can restore the registry.
Add an additional shared mailbox in Outlook
- Select your profile and click on Change.
- Click on More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Add.
- Type the email address or name of the shared mailbox, then click OK.
- Once configured, the shared mailbox will be automatically available in the left folder pane in Outlook.
How do I recover a lost mailbox?
To recover a deleted mailbox, access the Exchange server to reconnect the mailbox back to the network.
- Log in to the Exchange server and open “Exchange Management Console.”
- Expand “Recipient Configuration” and click “Disconnected Mailbox.” This shows all the mailboxes marked for deletion.
Find the location of the file in the shared network drive. Right-click on the file and select Properties. Click on the Previous Version tab in the window that pops up. Select the version you wish to restore and click on Restore.
How do I recover deleted items in Outlook?
In the left pane, select the Deleted Items folder. At the top of the message list, select Recover items deleted from this folder. Select the items you want to recover, and select Restore.
You cannot recall messages sent through shared accounts. Recall only works if the account is opened as an account in Outlook. If the account was added to your profile as a secondary mailbox or as a managed or shared mailbox, recall is disabled, even if you have Send as permission on the mailbox.
Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
- Right-click Folders (located within the left-hand folder list).
- Select Add shared folder.
- Enter the name or email address of the individual within the provided search field and select the correct result from the list. …
- The account name of the individual will now be visible within the left-hand folder list.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
How do I recover a hard deleted mailbox in Office 365?
Use the Microsoft 365 admin center to Restore a user account
- Go to Admin Centre.
- Deleted Users.
- Open the deleted user.
- Click on restore the mailbox.
- After Clicking on restoring the mailbox it will appear in Active users .
- Please assign the License to that User and change the password.
How do I recover a soft deleted mailbox in Office 365?
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Locate Users > Deleted Users.
- Search for the user, and then select the account object.
- Select the Restore option. …
- Locate Active Users, and then add an Exchange license for the user.
- After some minutes, the mailbox becomes active in Exchange.
How do I recover permanently deleted Office 365?
You must have admin permissions in Microsoft 365 to do this.
- In the admin center, go to the Users > Deleted users page.
- On the Deleted users page, select the user that you want to restore, and then select Restore.
- On the Restore page, follow the instructions to set the password and select Restore.