With iCloud File Sharing, you can share folders and documents in iCloud Drive with others. You and the people you invite can view and even work on your documents. The people who receive your invitation can click a link to download the shared folder or file from iCloud to any of their devices.
Click the Share button , then choose Manage Shared File or Manage Shared Folder. Do any of the following: Share a document with more people: Click the Add People button, then add an email address for each new invitee. Copy a link to the shared file to send to another person: Click Copy Link.
How to Share iCloud Files From Your Mac
- Open a Finder window and locate the file in iCloud that you want to share. …
- Click the file to highlight it.
- Click the Share button and select Add People from the dropdown menu. …
- Choose how you’d like to send your invitation to access the file. …
- Click Share.
In iTunes, select the app from the list in the File Sharing section. Drag and drop files from a folder or window onto the Documents list to copy them to your device. You can also click Add in the Documents list in iTunes, find the file or files you want to copy from your computer, and then click Add.
iCloud Users Only
The other big limitation of iCloud Drive Folder Sharing is that those folders can only be shared with other iCloud users. Without an iCloud account, your user is out of luck. … For those who are Windows and/or Android users, there’s a solution: create an Apple ID.
Select iCloud Sharing. In the People field, enter the email addresses of the people you want to share with. Under Sharing Options, edit who can access the folder and the permissions. You can share the folder with only people you invite, or anyone with the link.
How to share individual iCloud Photo
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Tap the Select button at top right.
- Then tap on each image you want to share.
- Now choose the share button at bottom left.
- Scroll down and tap on Share iCloud Link.
- Wait for a moment while the link is created, and copied to your clipboard.
Can you use iCloud like Dropbox?
It took a long time for Apple to make iCloud share folders like Dropbox, but it does also let you do the same thing about sharing a single file. Again, it’s slightly different depending on your device.
How do you send large videos through iCloud?
Send large videos via iCloud
- From the Photos app, select the video to be sent, then tap the share icon.
- Tap the mail icon, and wait while your phone prepares the video. …
- Compose and send your email, then wait for a pop-up window saying, in part, “This attachment may be too large,” and offering Mail Drop as an option.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
To transfer files between iPhone and Mac via AirDrop:
- Turn on AirDrop on iPhone/iPad. Open “Control Center” on your iOS device. …
- Turn on AirDrop on Mac. Go to “Finder” > “Go” > “AirDrop” and switch on “Bluetooth” and “WiFi” to turn on AirDrop on your Mac. …
- Use AirDrop to share files between Mac and iPhone/iPad.
How do I share files or folders over a network now?
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
Can you AirDrop from Macbook to iPhone?
You may now begin using AirDrop to transfer files between a Mac and an iOS device. To test it out, go to the AirDrop menu in Finder and notice that your iOS device is represented by circle. Drag and drop a file onto the circle, and your iOS device will prompt you to accept the file.