Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. … Meaning, your Android is connected to a WiFi network and you can create a hotspot sharing the same WiFi network. And both devices will be able to use the Internet at the same time.
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing phone’s data this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
How do I create a WiFi hotspot from a mobile already connected to WiFi?
To turn your Android phone into a hotspot, go to Settings, then Mobile Hotspot & Tethering. Tap on Mobile Hotspot to turn it on, set the name of your network and set a password. You connect a computer or tablet to your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot just as you would connect to any other Wi-Fi network.
Using QR Codes
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
Where is the 8 digit PIN on my router?
Type in 8-digit PIN code, you can find it on the label at the bottom of the device. Click Next, the router will set a WPA2-Personal password for your wireless network automatically. You need remember the password. It is the key of your wireless network.
Can I connect a MiFi to a router?
Modern wireless routers are capable of extending your MiFi’s WiFi signal so that you can still connect to the internet even from a longer distance or from other rooms in the house. All you have to do is connect your WiFi router in bridge mode.
How do I access my router from my phone?
In Android, settings menus vary from phone to phone, but once you find the Wi-Fi settings:
- Make sure your phone is connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the network name.
- Look for a ‘gateway’, ‘router’ or other entry in the list.
How do you connect to Wi-Fi using another iPhone?
How to Share WiFi from Your iPhone
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. …
- Then tap Bluetooth and make sure it is turned on. …
- Then go back to Settings and tap WiFi.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, and sign in to a WiFi network. …
- On the iPhone that needs the WiFi password, go to Settings.
- Tap WiFi. …
- Choose the same WiFi network.
Share WiFi network
- Go to WiFi in the Settings of the device you want to connect to the WiFi network. Unlock your own device as well.
- Select the WiFi network you want to share.
- Your own device will now display a notification. Tap Share password. The other device is now connected to your WiFi network.
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on Android?
FAQ Turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot for Android devices
Navigate to Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Here, you can select to share a connection via Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. For a Wi-Fi connection, tap Wi-Fi hotspot and toggle it on.