Add a shared mailbox to Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
In the Folder Type list, click Inbox, Calendar, or Address Book. In the Search box, type the name of the person who granted you access, click the person’s name in the search results, and then click Open. The shared Mail folder appears in the Folder pane.
Windows 10 and Outlook 2016
- Navigate to the File tab in Outlook. …
- Highlight the account with access to the shared mailbox and press Change.
- Press More settings…
- Go to the Advanced tab and press Add…
- Enter the name or address of the shared mailbox and press OK.
Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account, and then select the Outlook app. Right-click Folders (or your mailbox name) in the navigation pane, and then select Add shared folder. Type the email address of the shared mailbox in the Add shared folder dialog box, and then select Add.
Select the Delegates tab. In the Open these additional mailboxes: section, select the + icon. Enter the email address associated with the shared mailbox, and then select it from the list. Select Add.
Access a shared folder or printer
- Search for Network , and click to open it.
- Select Search Active Directory at the top of the window; you may need to first select the Network tab on the upper left.
- From the drop-down menu next to “Find:”, select either Printers or Shared Folders.
Right-click the mail folder that you want to share. Select Share Folder from the drop-down list. The Share Folder window appears. Select the Allow direct delivery to this folder check box if you want users to send an email to the shared folder directly.