Open the document you want to share. Click File > Share > Share with People (or, in Word 2013, Invite People). Enter the names or email addresses of the people you’re sharing with. If you want to, click Can Edit or Can View.
You can also click the FILE menu on the ribbon, click Share, and select Share with People. Enter the email addresses you want to share with and choose the permissions you want to grant. You can choose whether people you share the document with can edit the document and whether they’ll need a Microsoft account to do so.
How to Co-Edit a Document in Word 2016
- Save your Word document to OneDrive or a SharePoint Online.
- Click the Share button in Word and then enter one or more email addresses of people you want to share with.
- Set their permissions to “Can edit” (selected by default).
Anyone who clicks the link can view (or view and edit) the file.
- In the OneDrive window, select the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the Share button. …
- Choose Get a Link.
- Choose an access option on the drop-down menu. …
- Click Create Link. …
- Select the link (double-click it).
- Right-click the link and choose Copy.
How do I allow others to edit a Word document?
Follow these steps to edit:
- Go to File > Info.
- Select Protect document.
- Select Enable Editing.
How to share a Google Doc
- Click “New” to create a new document or “My Drive” to select a document from your Drive. …
- Click the “Share” button. …
- Type in the email addresses of your recipients. …
- Choose an editing permission in the drop-down, click “Notify people,” type a message, and hit “Send.”
How do you make a document that everyone can edit?
Share a single item using a link
- Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- In the top right corner, click Share.
- Click “Get shareable link” in the top right of the “Share with others” box.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to “Anyone with the link.”
Collaborate in Word
- Select Share. on the ribbon. Or, select File > Share. Note: If your file is not already saved to OneDrive, you’ll be prompted to upload your file to OneDrive to share it.
- Select who you want to share with from the drop-down, or enter a name or email address.
- Add a message (optional) and select Send.
How do I share a file in Microsoft Teams? You can share files in a one-on-one chat, a group chat, or a team channel. Select the paperclip icon below the box where you type a message to upload a copy of your original file. You can also upload a file by going to the Files tab of a chat and selecting Share.
Can multiple users edit a Word document at the same time?
Co-authoring allows multiple users to edit a single file at the same time. If another person is editing the document at the same time you have it open, you will see a little number up on the share button showing the number of people who are currently co-authoring (yourself included!)
To share files with people in your workgroup or domain:
- Select the file or folder you want to share.
- Go to the Share tab, and then in the Share with section, select Specific people.
- Enter email addresses for the people you want to share the file with, select Add for each one, then select Share.
Share from the Dropbox folder on your computer
- Open the Dropbox folder on your computer.
- Right-click the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click Share.
- Type the Email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Select Can edit from the dropdown menu.
- Click Share.
OneDrive is essentially an online folder system for file storage, but SharePoint includes many other features such as collaboration, CMS, and dashboards. Microsoft 365 now includes SharePoint features in its cloud platform, but you can also purchase SharePoint by itself as an on-premise solution.
Share a document
- In the top right corner, above the ribbon, click Share.
- Save your document in OneDrive, if it’s not already there.
- Enter email addresses of the people you want to share with, and make choices for permission you want to allow.
- Type a message if you want, and click Send.
To see the files that others have shared with you:
- Open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If you already have a document or workbook open, select File.
- Scroll down and select the Shared with Me tab, or select Open > Shared with Me.
Work on a file together
- In a team conversation or in the Files tab, select More options. next to the file.
- Choose if you want to edit the file in Teams, on your desktop, or online.
- Select Start conversation to add a message about the file.
- Type your message or @mention someone and select Send.