Choose the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings:
- Go to the Options tab and select the Shared Folders option:
- Under Folder sharing, choose a sharing option. …
- The Add Shared Folder Wizard opens. …
- Type the path on the host system to the directory you want to share and specify its name:
To share a host folder with a virtual machine in Oracle VM VirtualBox, you must specify the path of the folder and choose a share name that the guest can use to access the shared folder. This happens on the host. In the guest you can then use the share name to connect to it and access files.
How do I transfer files between virtual machine guest and host PC?
Launch VirtualBox and open Devices > Shared Folders > Shared Folders Settings. Click +, then in Folder Path, click the arrow and select Other. Browse (the host OS) for the folder you’re using as a share, highlight it, then Select Folder.
In the Virtualbox Manager window, right-click on your guest machine and select Settings. In the left pane, select Shared Folders. Then click on the add button to add a shared folder. Then in the Folder Path field, select a folder on your host machine.
VirtualBox’s Shared Folders feature works with both Windows and Linux guest operating systems. To use the feature, you first need to install VirtualBox’s Guest Additions in the guest virtual machine. With the virtual machine running, click the “Devices” menu and choose the “Insert Guest Additions CD image” option.
Ubuntu 10.04 host
- Create a folder on the Host computer (ubuntu) that you would like to share, for example ~/share.
- Boot the Guest operating system in VirtualBox.
- Select Devices -> Shared Folders…
- Choose the ‘Add’ button.
- Select ‘/home/<user>/share’ for Folder Path.
- Select ‘share’ for Folder Name.
Add the shared folder
In VirtualBox, go to the Devices menu -> Shared Folders menu -> Shared folders settings. In the window that opens, on the right side, you will find the button to add a new shared folder. Click on it. And select the folder you want to share between systems.
How do I enable guest additions in VirtualBox?
Adding VirtualBox Guest Additions
- Click on VirtualBox in the Finder and select About VirtualBox.
- Locate the version information on the VirtualBox about screen. …
- Download the appropriate ISO file that matches your Installed VirtualBox version. …
- Double click on the VBoxWindowsAdditions installer.
- Click Yes.
- Click Next.
How do I transfer files between two virtual machines VMware?
- Drag Files and Folders Between Virtual Machines and Your Mac. You can use your mouse to drag files and folders in either direction. [ …
- Copy and Paste Between Virtual Machines and Your Mac Using the Menu. …
- Copy and Paste Between Virtual Machines and Your Mac Using Keyboard Shortcuts.
VMware Workstation 5.0
- Choose VM > Settings.
- Select Options.
- Click Shared Folders.
- Click Add to open the Add Shared Folder Wizard and click Next.
- Enter a name and location for the shared folder and click Next. …
- Enter attributes for the shared folder. …
- Click Finish.
How to Transfer Files Between Mac and Windows PC (Support VMware, VirtualBox)
- Step 1: Check your Network Settings.
- Step 2: Using the Sharing Feature on Mac to Transfer Files.
- Step 3: Find your IP address on your Mac.
- Step 4: Connect your Shared Files or Folders on your Windows PC.
Create a shared folder. From Virtual menu go to Devices->Shared Folders then add a new folder in the list, this folder should be the one in windows which you want to share with Ubuntu(Guest OS). Make this created folder auto-mount.
How do I enable copy and paste between VirtualBox and host?
To enable it, open VirtualBox and select the guest machine, then click the settings button or press Ctrl + S on your keyboard. Next, on the General page, select Advanced tab and make sure bidirectional is selected for Shared Clipboard as well as Drag’n’Drop options. That’s it!
To do this, simply open the file browser on the host to where you would like to drop the files and drag the files from the virtual machine into the file browser of the host. File transfers should be pretty quick; if the virtual machine seems stuck when transferring, simply cancel the transfer and try again.