Enable Home Sharing on Your iPhone
- On your iPhone, tap Music.
- Tap Library.
- Tap Home Sharing. If you can’t see the Home Sharing playlist, tap Edit > Home Sharing > Done to add it to your list.
- You now have access to the Home Sharing Library of music any time you’re connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To see a video library, go to Settings > TV > iTunes Videos. Under Home Sharing, tap Sign In. Sign in with your Apple ID.
See shared music
- Open the Music app and tap Library.
- Tap Home Sharing. Can’t see it? Tap Edit, select Home Sharing, then tap Done.
- Choose a shared library.
At the Preferences window, click on the Sharing tab. Click on the checkbox to “Share my library on my local network.” Choose whether you want to share your entire network or just selected playlists. Then select whether you want to enable a password.
Check your Family Sharing settings
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Confirm or change the Apple ID that you want to use to share content.
- Tap Back in the upper-left corner to go back to Family Sharing.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share Purchases with Family is turned on.
The Music app on both devices are missing the option to copy and share a song. Sharing and copying is restricted if so, as you don’ have the right to share music that way. You have to sign in to another device with the same Apple ID and sync your music to the other device. that is the way it is for now.
If you have multiple Apple IDs in the iTunes Store and the App Store, you can invite each of your accounts to the group, so you can share purchases from your other Apple IDs with your family.
When you set up Family Sharing, you and up to five family members can share iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Books, and Apple TV purchases. When your family shares App Store, music, movie, TV, and book purchases, all items are billed directly to the family organizer’s Apple ID account.
You should be able to share your playlist by choosing Menu (3 dots) > Share Playlist, when you have the playlist open. You should also see this option when long pressing the playlist you want to share from the Music app under Library > Playlists. If those options don’t work, Restart your iPhone. Cheers!
Turn on and setup both Contacts On Apple Music, and Allow Finding by Apple ID. Now hit View Profile with your name top middle. That will bring you to your public Apple Music page. You can see your public shared playlists there, and should be able to share them.
How can we share Apple music? You can’t without Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with you being adults. Each member can redeem Apple Gift Cards to their accounts which will be charged before the organizer’s method of payment.