All you need to do is right-click the file or folder in your OneDrive folder on your computer, and select Share a OneDrive link. This will copy a link to your clipboard that you can paste into an email, website, blog post, and so forth.
Share files or photos in email
- Select the files or photos you want to share, and then select Share .
- Choose if you want to allow Allow editing.
- Select Email.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you’d like to share with and add an optional message.
- Select Share. Everyone you share with will receive an email.
Go to the OneDrive page and sign in with your Microsoft account (or your Outlook.com, Live.com, Hotmail, or MSN account). Select My files or Photos on the left pane. Pick the file or folder you want to share by selecting the circle in the upper corner of the item, then select Share at the top of the page.
If you cannot share OneDrive files it could be because: You have reached your sharing limits. … OneDrive is not running. Your organization has disabled or restricted it.
Choose Share from the pop-up menu. Enter the name of the person you want to share with. Un-tick the ‘require sign-in’ checkbox. Click Share.
In OneDrive, team members can store their own business-related files. You can share either individual files, or a whole folder. Pick a file or folder, right-click, and then choose Share. Type names or email addresses of team members who you want to have access to the folder, and add an optional message.
Share your photos with OneDrive
- In OneDrive, click a folder.
- Click Share .
- Click Allow editing. Allow editing lets others add pictures too.
- Click Email.
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share with.
- Add a message if you like.
- Click Share.
See files shared with you in OneDrive
- Sign in to OneDrive.com with your personal Microsoft account.
- In the left pane, under OneDrive, select Shared. Files or folders shared with you appear under the names of the people who shared them.
- Select a file or folder to open it, just as you would any other item in OneDrive.
To share files with people in your workgroup or domain:
- Select the file or folder you want to share.
- Go to the Share tab, and then in the Share with section, select Specific people.
- Enter email addresses for the people you want to share the file with, select Add for each one, then select Share.
The recipients won’t need a Microsoft account. To access the content, OneDrive, SharePoint, or Lists sends a one-time passcode to their email address to verify their identity. After they receive the code, they enter it into the verification screen to open the file.
You can share files with one or more people either through email or through a link. You can also determine if you want other people to be able to edit your OneDrive files or just view them. The only requirement is that your recipients must have Microsoft accounts to access your OneDrive storage space and files.
Do you need a Microsoft account to access OneDrive?
Before you can use Office Online and OneDrive, you’ll need a Microsoft account. If you already have a @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @outlook.com email account (or any other account that lets you use a Microsoft service), you already have a Microsoft account. To access OneDrive, just sign in with your existing account.