How do I stop my iPhone from automatically sharing contacts?
On iOS, go to Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts and turn the slider to the off position on any apps you don’t want access to the contacts stored on your iPhone.
Why are my iphones sharing contacts?
This is happening because you are sharing iCloud accounts. When you do this, any synced data such as contacts is merged across devices and the merged list appears on all devices. Also, any action (such as deleting contacts) also happens on all devices sharing the account.
How do I Unsync contacts from two iphones?
How to unsync your contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- In the Settings app, tap your name and Apple ID at the top. …
- Select “iCloud” on the Apple ID page. …
- Toggle “Contacts” to the off position, turning the button from green to grey. …
- Choose to either delete or keep your previously synced contacts.
Why are my contacts showing up on my wife’s iPhone?
Answer: A: Because you both share the same Apple ID for iTunes & iCloud, and your wife has syncing for contacts/calendars turned on, on her phone, under iCloud. If you both use the same ID for iCloud, & both have contacts/calendars turned on, that’s the way it is supposed to work.
How do I stop syncing between devices?
Here is how to turn it off:
- On the main Android home screen find and tap Settings.
- Select “Accounts and Backup”. …
- Tap “Accounts” or select the Google account name if it appears directly. …
- Select “Sync Account” after selecting Google from the accounts list.
How do I separate my iPhone from my husbands?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
To stop Google contacts from automatically syncing:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings.
- Tap Google Settings for Google apps Google Contacts sync Status.
- Turn off Automatically sync.
How do I Unsync my phone from my husbands phone?
Turn off the contact sync for that account. Settings > Accounts > her account Disable contact sync. You could also leave the contacts synced and choose to only show contacts from your account in the Contacts app (if it supports it – the Google one does).