Open a shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Click on the File tab at the top-left hand side of the window making sure you are in the Info section.
- Now select Account Settings and then Account Settings again. …
- Select the Email tab and then click on Change. …
- A Change Account wizard will be displayed.
Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
Add a shared mailbox to Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
Opening a shared folder in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Right-click Folders (located within the left-hand folder list).
- Select Add shared folder.
- Enter the name or email address of the individual within the provided search field and select the correct result from the list.
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. … To use this type of resource mailbox requires all accessing users have active and forwarded Exchange accounts, and are using Outlook or OWA as their e-mail client 6.
Sign in to your account in Outlook Web App. Right-click your primary mailbox in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder. (Your name is on your primary mailbox.) In the Add shared folder dialog box, type the name or email address of someone who has shared a mailbox with you, and then select Add.
PC users will find the mailbox in their Folders list on the left side of their Outlook Desktop screen. *NOTE* It can take up to 24 hours after permission is granted for the mailbox to show up.
Open another person’s Exchange Contacts
- In People, click Home.
- In the Share group, click Open Shared Contacts.
- Type a name in the Name box, or click Name to select a name from the Address Book. Only the default Contacts folder can be shared. …
- Click OK.
How do I access my inbox in Outlook?
In the Navigation bar on the top of the Outlook Web App screen, click on your name. A drop-down list will appear. Click Open another mailbox. Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and click Open.
Instead of supplying the password for the shared mailbox, click on the “Sign in with another account” link at the bottom of the dialog. You’ll now be prompted for you own login name or email address to login and your password in the next step.