In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box. ** This is the point where you should also choose “Connect using different credentials”.
How do I access a network drive as a different user?
Map Network Drive as a Different User
- In the pop-up windows select a letter to use from the drop down menu and in the folder enter the path to the folder you want to map. …
- Click the finish button and you should be asked to for the username and password you want to use to connect.
How do you open a file folder as a different user?
Hold down Shift key, and right click on the taskbar pinned CMD icon. Choose Run as different user. Type in the user account login info and hit OK.
Go to Control Panel > Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings > Enable Turn Off password protect sharing option. By doing the above settings we can access the shared folder without any username/password.
You should be able to access and then delete cached credentials when you’re done.
- Navigate to the share (\serversharename)
- At the command prompt, type: “net use \serveradmin$” which will prompt for credentials.
- Type the UNC to get to your share.
- Once you’re done, type: “net use \serveradmin$ /delete”
How do I change my network sharing credentials?
Open your account page in User Accounts and Family Safety. (Click your image in the start menu, or navigate through control panel). In the left hand side panel, select Manage your credentials.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
What is connect using different credentials?
The next important setting says “Connect using different credentials”. This setting is disabled by default and it means that Windows will try to connect to the mapped drive using the user account and password from your computer.
How do I open File Explorer as administrator?
In the Windows folder, look for explorer.exe and right-click it. Select Run as administrator from the context menu, and File Explorer will launch with elevated rights.
How to Change Share Permissions
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.
PC Cannot See Shared Folders in Windows 10
- Make sure your computers are using the same network and IP version, i.e. IPv4 or IPv6. …
- Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers.
- Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers.
- Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest.
How do I fix enter network credentials access in Windows 10?
Enter network credentials access error on Windows 10 [Solved]
- Option 1: Change Advanced Sharing settings.
- Option 2: Change settings in Credentials Manager.
- Option 3: Use your Microsoft account.
- Option 4: Check if your IP addresses are properly assigned.
File Explorer app icon is the correct answer to the given question . Explanation: The File explorer enables and the user will Able to share the Documents or the various desktop in the Various communication network.
How do I access another computer on the same network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.