Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Open the list under Choose commands from and select All Commands. Scroll down that list until you see Share Workbook (Legacy). Select that item and click Add.
Share your Excel workbook with others
- Select Share.
- Select permissions and then Apply.
- Add people.
- Type a message if you like.
- Select Send.
Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time in Office 365?
You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other’s changes quickly—in a matter of seconds.
Share and collaborate with Excel for the web
- Select Share.
- Set permissions. Allow editing is automatically checked. …
- Enter the names or email addresses of who to share with.
- Add a message (optional).
- Select Send. Or, select Copy link to get a link to the file.
Co-authoring in SharePoint Server lets multiple users work on a document, at any time, without interfering with each other’s changes. … If you have SharePoint Server configured to use Office Web Apps Server, users can also co-author documents in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps.
To be able to share a workbook, some privacy settings need to be disabled. Go to File > Excel Options > Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings… button, and under the Privacy Options category, uncheck the Remove personal information from file properties on save box.
By sharing a workbook: A team can work simeltaneously on the same workbook. No multiple copies , all the data by everyone is in a single workbook. Can be used to collect information for surveys etc.
How do you email an Excel spreadsheet?
Send the Entire Workbook as Email Attachment
- Click on Send to Mail Recipient from the Quick Access Toolbar.
- In the Email dialogue box, select the option ‘Send the entire workbook as an attachment’.
- Click OK. This will open an outbound email with the workbook attached to it.
- Click on Send.
Create a link to an email address
- On a worksheet, select the cell where you want to create a link.
- On the Insert tab, select Hyperlink. …
- Under Display Text:, type the text that you want to use to represent the link.
- Under E-mail address:, type the email address that you want.
- Select OK.
Click Review > Share Workbook. On the Editing tab, select the Allow changes by more than one user … check box. On the Advanced tab, select the options that you want to use for tracking and updating changes, and then click OK.