First, go to Connected devices and also make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is On. When you’re certain that Bluetooth is enabled on your device, go to Network & Internet -> Hotspot & tethering -> Enable Bluetooth tethering.
Head to the Settings app and tap on Network and Internet.
How to Share Your Wi-Fi Password
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices, ensure Personal Hotspot is turned off, and make sure their device is unlocked and nearby.
- Your device should be connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share.
Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. But the key here is – you can share the internet from your mobile data to WiFi.
How to share Data network via Bluetooth?
- Go to Personal Hotspot>Other sharing mode, turn on Share network via Bluetooth;
- Connect your phone to another device via Bluetooth;
- Go to Bluetooth interface of your phone on another device, turn on Access network. Then the device can use your data network to surf the Internet.
Using QR Codes
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
4 Ways to Share WiFi Without Giving Away Your Password
- Connect Automatically with WPS. …
- Scan a QR or NFC tags to Connect to WiFi. …
- Use router guest mode. …
- Create WiFi hotspot form your Device.
Does Wi-Fi sharing use mobile data?
They use the data on your mobile to allow other devices to connect to the internet. Wi-Fi sharing is similar, but instead of using your mobile data, it uses the Wi-Fi network your phone is connected to. Your phone then acts as a hotspot for the Wi-Fi connection you are using.
What is Wi-Fi sharing?
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
How do you tether WiFi on Android?
To access this feature, open your phone’s Settings screen, tap the More option under Wireless & Networks, and tap Tethering & portable hotspot. Tap the Set up Wi-Fi hotspot option and you’ll be able to configure your phone’s Wi-Fi hotspot, changing its SSID (name) and password.
How do I turn on WiFi sharing on Android?
FAQ Turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot for Android devices
Navigate to Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Here, you can select to share a connection via Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. For a Wi-Fi connection, tap Wi-Fi hotspot and toggle it on.
Where do I find my password for my WiFi?
In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box. Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
How do you connect to WiFi using another iPhone?
How to Share WiFi from Your iPhone
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. …
- Then tap Bluetooth and make sure it is turned on. …
- Then go back to Settings and tap WiFi.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, and sign in to a WiFi network. …
- On the iPhone that needs the WiFi password, go to Settings.
- Tap WiFi. …
- Choose the same WiFi network.
How do I send WiFi to another iPhone?
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.