You can change privacy settings on an individual post that you want to make shareable by clicking the “Privacy” icon next to the post time stamp and selecting either “Friends” or “Public.” Select “Friends” if you want friends to be able to share the post or select “Public” if you want anyone to be able to see the post.
Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. 2 – Allow anyone on Facebook to see the post (as long as you aren’t blocking them, or vice versa). …
If your personal Facebook settings are set to high privacy settings, your family and friends won’t be able to share that content; they can only read it. Facebook settings also include privacy sharing options, which are set when the post-originator first publishes the post. … No one can share it.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
Add a Facebook Share button to your site so that your visitors can easily share your site with their Facebook friends.
To add a Facebook Share button:
- Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
- Click Social.
- Under Facebook, click the Facebook Share button to add it, or drag it to the relevant location.
To try out the Share button, go to m.facebook.com and scroll through the feed until you see a story about a link, photo, video, or public status update posted by one of your friends or Pages you Like. The Share button is in the bottom right next to the Like and Comment buttons.
If you want to make a previous post shareable, after locating the post, select the ellipsis icon (•••) on the right side of the post and choose “Edit Post.” Select the first drop-down menu below your name (labeled “Friends”) and choose “Public” on the new page.
How to Block Share on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account, go to the “Account” menu and select “Privacy Settings.” …
- Go to the “Sharing on Facebook” section and click the “Customize Settings” link near the bottom.
- Go to the “Things Others Share” section and edit the settings you want to change.
You may not be able to share a memory if sharing wasn’t turned on for the original content or the memory isn’t shareable (example: posts by others on your timeline). Learn what audiences you can choose from when you share something.